Chocolate ganache is a processed chocolate product that is very useful for various baking purposes . You can make chocolate ganache using chocolate bars, whether it's compound chocolate or couverture chocolate . Just make sure to use the right method and high quality materials.
Through this article, you will learn about chocolate ganache in more depth, from its definition to how it is made. Besides that, you will also be able to find out what are the uses of chocolate ganache . Let's see the full explanation below!
Definition of Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate ganache is a kind of sauce or filling made from melted chocolate and liquids such as milk, cream, and others.
This chocolate processed product is usually used to coat cakes, as a pastry filling , and as a drizzle on top of various kinds of desserts . Apart from that, chocolate ganache is also a very important ingredient in making chocolate truffles to be used as the filling.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
How to make chocolate ganache is actually very easy, you can even use equipment that is usually used in the kitchen. The ingredients used are also very easy to find, including:
- Tulip Dark Compound Chocolate , cut into small pieces
- Dairy cream
- Soft butter
At least, there are two methods that you can use to make chocolate ganache , namely the hot method and the cold method. Here's how to make easy and simple chocolate ganache .
1. Hot Method
You can follow the steps below to make chocolate ganache using the hot method:
- Prepare a bowl, put pieces of Tulip Dark Compound Chocolate into it.
- Prepare a saucepan and keep it on the stove, pour the dairy cream into it.
- Heat the dairy cream until it reaches 90 degrees Celsius. Check the temperature using a cooking thermometer.
- Pour the heated dairy cream into the bowl containing the chocolate and let it sit for a while. Then, stir until the chocolate melts and mixes well with the dairy cream .
- Add glucose into the chocolate ganache mixture . Then, mix using a hand blender .
- Add softened butter to the chocolate ganache mixture . Stir again using a hand blender so that the dough can emulsify properly.
It's easy, right? Besides the hot method, you can also use the cold method which is just as easy.
2. The Cold Method
You can follow the steps below to make chocolate ganache using the cold method:
- Melt the chocolate using the au bain marie or double boiler technique . Put them in a bowl.
- Prepare a saucepan and keep it on the stove, then pour the dairy cream into it.
- Heat the dairy cream until it reaches 40 degrees Celsius. Check the temperature using a cooking thermometer.
- Pour the heated dairy cream into the bowl containing melted chocolate. Stir until well mixed.
- Add glucose to the chocolate ganache mixture . Stir using a hand blender until well blended.
- Add softened butter to the simple chocolate ganache mixture . Stir again using a hand blender so that the dough can emulsify properly.
Ta-da! Now the chocolate ganache is ready and can be used for various baking purposes . If you need visual instructions for making chocolate ganache , check out this video: How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Ganache
3 Uses of Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate ganache is one of the most flexible processed chocolate products because it can be used for various purposes. The following are some of the uses of chocolate ganache in baking that you need to know.
1. Frosting or Toppings
Chocolate ganache can be used as a frosting or topping for cakes by spreading it over the cooled cake or cutting it into small pieces. Chocolate ganache used as a frosting or cake topping will usually harden after being spread on the cake.
Chocolate ganache that is made correctly will definitely have a glossy appearance so that the cake will look more attractive. Apart from that, chocolate ganache can also give a delicious and creamy taste to the cake. No wonder there are so many bakers who like to use chocolate ganache .
2. To Make Truffles
As previously mentioned, chocolate ganache is an essential ingredient in making chocolate truffles . Basically, chocolate truffles are thick chocolate ganache that is made into small balls and dusted with cocoa powder. Apart from that, you can also dip the chocolate truffles that have started to harden back into the melted chocolate or liquid chocolate ganache mixture.
There are many types of cakes that use chocolate ganache as a filling, such as cupcakes , brownies , and many more. In addition, several types of pastry also use chocolate ganache as a filling. Chocolate ganache itself can give a distinctive chocolate sweet taste and a creamier texture to the baking creations you make.
Now you know that chocolate ganache is a very flexible processed chocolate product? If you want to make it, just use chocolate products from KioskCokelat. Apart from that, we also provide ready-to-use chocolate ganache that you can use easily. To get more information about our products, please visit KioskCokelat here !