White chocolate is very easy to work with or melt. This is because white chocolate does not contain cocoa liquor at all, but only contains fat and sugar. Then, how to melt white chocolate?
Through this article, you will understand how to properly melt white chocolate. The method is very easy and you can immediately follow the step by step which we explain below.
As additional information, you will also find various ideas for using white chocolate in various dishes. This information will certainly be very useful if you are currently running a culinary business or are planning to start one.
2 Ways to Melt White Chocolate Properly
To melt white chocolate properly, there are 2 ways you can try, namely:
1. Au-Bain Marie technique
The first way to melt white chocolate is using the au-bain marie technique . What is the au-bain marie technique ? In simple terms, this technique can be likened to the double boiler technique , where you melt chocolate over hot water.
This method has actually been done by many people. It's just that, not a few make mistakes in using the au-bain marie technique . Using the wrong technique results in chocolate that doesn't melt completely and even leaves various lumps.
Therefore, here is a guide to melting white chocolate using the proper au-bain marie technique:
- First of all, cut the white chocolate block into small pieces. You can even directly chop to pieces.
- The chopped white chocolate can be placed in a large bowl. Make sure the size of the bowl is larger than the pot used to boil the water. A larger bowl size will prevent water from getting into the chocolate mixture.
- Heat the water, but don't let it boil. The water boiling and bubbling will potentially get into the melted white chocolate.
- Melt the chopped white chocolate over a pot of hot water. Stir occasionally until the white chocolate is completely melted. White chocolate must be stirred thoroughly to speed up the melting process and prevent chocolate lumps from forming.
- The white chocolate is ready to use.
Also read: 2 Ways to Use Cocoa Powder for Drinks
2. Using the Microwave
For those of you who have a microwave , this tool can be used to melt white chocolate. The microwave is easier to use than the au-bain marie technique where you have to be extra careful with the hot water you use.
Even though it's easy, the process of melting white chocolate in a microwave also has a chance of failing or not melting completely. Why is that? Because many people just let the white chocolate sit for long in the microwave without stirring it at all.
The proper way to melt chocolate in the microwave is as follows:
- Cut the white chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat-safe bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave , heat it for 10 seconds.
- Take out the white chocolate, stir it around so it doesn't have lumps, then put it back in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Repeat these steps several times until the white chocolate is completely melted.
- The white chocolate is ready to use. It's easy, isn't it?
3 Ideas to Use Melted White Chocolate in Your Creations
What are the uses of white chocolate? You can use white chocolate in a variety of dishes with different uses. Here are three ideas you can try using melted white chocolate.
1. Used As Ganache
Melted white chocolate can be used as a ganache for cakes. You can pour the ganache on the top of the cake, then trim it using a spatula. Your cake will look attractive and have a stronger sweet taste because of the white chocolate ganache .
As a tip, if you want to get a thicker ganache , then add heavy cream to the melted white chocolate mixture until you get the desired consistency. On the other hand, if you want a ganache with a more liquid texture, mix melted white chocolate with milk.
2. Used As Filling
Do you produce bread or pastry ? Please try using a filling of melted white chocolate which will surely appeal to those with a sweet tooth. Bread or pastry with melted chocolate filling will taste sweeter and also creamier .
3. Used As Decoration
The final idea for using melted white chocolate that you can try is to use it as a cake decoration . Melted white chocolate can be cooled on a flat surface and then shaped according to taste once the white chocolate has hardened.
For example, you can cut white chocolate into triangular shapes and then use them as decorations on cakes. As another example, white chocolate that has begun to harden can be scraped off to form neat and beautiful rolls.
Choose Quality White Chocolate from KioskCocolat!
How to properly melt white chocolate is very easy, right? You can use all the information above to create delicious dish creations. However, of course the quality of the white chocolate product you choose can affect the quality of the dish served.
For that, please choose Embassy Zen White Chocolate products with a size of 1 kg which you can buy directly through our online store . There is also a 2.5 kg size available which you can check here . You can also use Tulip White Compound Chocolate as a type of compound chocolate . If you need other quality chocolate products, you can contact KioskCokelat right now.