Are you looking for a simple way to make chocolate ganache ? Chocolate ganache itself is indeed one of the ingredients that can be used for various applications, from icing, frosting , coating , to glaze and filling in bakery or pastry products . Apart from that, chocolate ganache can also add flavor to the bakery and pastry creations that you make.
Through this article, you will learn about how to easily make simple chocolate ganache . But before that, you have to know what is chocolate ganache first. Let's see the full explanation below!
Getting to Know What Ganache Is
Ganache is a chocolate paste or cream in the form of a mixture of chocolate and cream with the right amount of weight. Typically, ganache is applied to glazing , frosting , coating and filling on bakery or pastry products .
In its most basic state, ganache is usually made by heating cream, pouring the hot cream over chopped chocolate, then stirring the mixture until all of the chocolate is melted and well combined. Some bakers or chefs sometimes add butter to get a creamier texture , as well as extracts such as vanilla to add flavor.
The texture of the ganache depends on the ratio of cream to chocolate. Larger proportions of cream produce a "loose" or "soft" ganache that is fairly liquid at room temperature. Usually, more liquid ganache is suitable for coating on cakes or pastries.
On the other hand, a higher proportion of chocolate will create a "hard" ganache that has the consistency of a paste that will thicken at room temperature, and will solidify when cooled. The thicker ganache is often formed into balls and rolled in cocoa powder to make chocolate truffles .
Also read: What is Compound Chocolate?
How to Make Chocolate Ganache Simple and Easy
There are at least two ways you can make simple ganache , namely by using the hot method or the cold method. You can do both of these easily and use simple tools. To make it, first you have to prepare the ingredients first, including:
- Tulip Dark Compound Chocolate , chopped or cut into small pieces first
- Dairy cream
- Soft butter
After the ingredients have been prepared, let's see how to make a simple chocolate ganache below!
You can follow the steps below to make a simple chocolate ganache using the hot method:
- Take a bowl, put the chocolate pieces in it.
- Prepare a saucepan and keep it on the stove, pour the dairy cream into it.
- Heat the dairy cream until it reaches 90 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the heated dairy cream into the bowl containing the chocolate and let it sit for a while. Stir until the chocolate melts and mixes well with the dairy cream .
- Add glucose to the simple chocolate ganache dough. Then, mix using a hand blender .
- Add softened butter to the simple chocolate ganache mixture . Stir again using a hand blender so that the chocolate ganache mixture can emulsify properly.
How, it's easy right? Now the chocolate ganache that is made can be directly used for your various baking purposes.
You can follow the steps below to make a simple chocolate ganache using the cold method:
- Melt the chocolate using the au bain marie or double boiler technique . Put them in a bowl.
- Prepare a saucepan and keep it on the stove, then pour the dairy cream into it.
- Heat the dairy cream until it reaches 40 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the heated dairy cream into the bowl containing melted chocolate. Stir until well mixed.
- Add glucose to the simple chocolate ganache mixture . Stir using a hand blender until well blended.
- Add softened butter to the simple chocolate ganache mixture . Stir again using a hand blender so that the chocolate coating mixture can emulsify properly.
Ta-da! Now the chocolate ganache is ready and can be used for various baking purposes .
If you need steps on how to make a visually simple chocolate ganache , check out this video: How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Ganache .
Also read: What is Chocolate Tempering?
3 Tips for Using Chocolate Ganache in Your Creations
Chocolate ganache is a very useful ingredient and can be applied to various baking purposes . However, sometimes you will have leftover chocolate ganache . Instead of not using the leftovers, it's better to use the remaining chocolate ganache as below!
1. Use As Dipping
Chocolate ganache has a distinctive sweet and slightly bitter chocolate taste and a creamy texture . You can use the rest of the chocolate ganache as a sauce for dipping a variety of foods, from fruits to pastries like churros . The taste of food dipped in chocolate ganache is guaranteed to be more delicious and can spoil your tongue.
2. Ice Cream Toppings
Tired of the usual ice cream flavors? Let's add chocolate ganache as a topping . You simply drizzle the chocolate ganache over the regular ice cream that you buy. That way, the taste of the ice cream is guaranteed to be more delicious and creamy and can provide a different experience of eating ice cream than usual.
3. Make it into truffles
You can easily make truffles using chocolate ganache . Just make sure that the proportion of chocolate in the ganache is larger so that the mixture can thicken when cooled. You simply scoop the chocolate ganache mixture into balls, then roll them in cocoa powder .
If you need chocolate products to make ganache , just shop at KioskCokelat. We provide a wide range of quality and complete chocolate products that you can use, from chocolate bars to chocolate decorations. For more information about our products, visit us here !